Tuesday, September 24, 2013

When Revising...

Some of the main things I do when revising: Re-reading my draft to find the argument and make it flow better. After this, I focus in on the individual sentences that comprise my argument and make them more concise and make sure they are in a logical order.
One thing that really helps me to accomplish this task is if I read it out loud or have someone read it to me so that I can really hear how it sounds to the audience.
What I changed most in my paper so far is the paragraph ordering, the sentence ordering within those paragraphs, and finally the words I chose to use in those sentences. For a paper to be successful, it must have a good overall structure and then every smaller unit that helps build that structure must be very clearly stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment