Thursday, October 10, 2013

Stories Comparison

In all 4 of Chimamanda Adichie’s stories, I was immediately drawn in due to the first person narrator. I could automatically imagine the setting and I think Adichie did a great job of chosing her narrators wisely. I particularly liked the narrator of Ghost and the way he viewed the world. In all four stories there are strong family ties, tension, and death. I found it interesting how death is pretty much avoided altogether in these stories. It seems as though whenever somebody dies, everybody immediately moves on. Personally, I agree with this method of moving on and not mourning so much. I feel as though people should celebrate life, rather than dwelling on the death that ends all. 
I also liked Tomorrow Is Too Far and especially the relationship between the children and their grandparents. I saw a lot of my brother and my relationship to our grandparents in this story and I could relate to many aspects of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment